School's been out for almost 2 weeks and I have gotten a lot of reading done but tomorrow I plan to really ratchet up my focus and pace. Not living in an apartment with a pool has presented some challenges so far this summer but thanks to some generous friends I have secured access to others' pools so that I can be most productive.
Here's my to read pile as of tonight. I have been saving both Keeper and The Cardturner for this challenge and I am super excited to delve into them. I've got the rest of Collin's Overlander series as well if I somehow make it through this stack.
To prepare for the challenge I've done the following:
- worked on an acceptable base tan (last weekend in savannah helped here) so as not to lose reading time applying aloe vera.
- purchased 2 cases of high life so as not to go thirsty.
- organized my food delivery menus so as to not lose reading time looking for something to eat. Cooking is of course a massive waste of time and so I will refrain from doing so until after the challenge.
- unplugged television
- finished all essential laundry (swim trunks and towels)
- purchased poolside snacks
- read all emails.
- read everything that piled up in my google reader
- read all unread messages in child_lit
So I think I'm ready to read read read. I'll try to post Friday night on my progress. Wish me luck!